Tuesday 15 March 2011

Logo

Logo

We have looked at two possible logos for our company. With our name "M.A.S.C Productions" we found that it looks like an ironic word of "Mask" so we have decided to have masks has out logo. Here are the two we looked at and what we decided.

We took this image from Google Images (See Source 1) and we thought the black ribbons where cut out of the frame didn't go well, so I uploaded the image into Photoshop, which I don't know how to use either, I have only used but I was just experimenting. So I found out how to get rid of the ribbons but we only kept the strip from the sad masks head which flows being the happy mask and we cut it off to make it look complete and not cut off from the frame. But has I was able to get rid of the un wanted ribbon I could see the outline of the ribbon that had been erased and I didn't know how to get rid of it. Only realising this when I had imported it into the timeline in Adobe Premier I decided to work with Shasta to find another picture. So the group decided that they didn't like the masks so I said I can find another picture from a site called Deviant Art (http://www.deviantart.com/) and found the picture below. 
 
I found this picture here -  http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Masks&order=9&offset=24#/dxd4v3  and asked the owner of the picture -voorikvergeet if it was possible to use their work. On Deviant Art they are certain rules people need to follow by, as a member on the site for over 2 years I have learned to respect other artists work. One of the rules which is appreciated a lot is to ask the artist if it can be used for whatever reason, unless told by the artist in their artists comments that it can be used, it is free or it is free but you must give me link to the work you have used it for. Here I have done so:

My account is - Baby-x-Bat and has you can see I commented and asked if I can use it and explained what for. I found that the user hasn't been active for a while but with time not on our side I am going to use the masks anyway and then link her the video when I am able to upload it to YouTube (which I also have an account for)

Here is the chosen logo as a final in the Opening Film


No comments:

Post a Comment